Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-op, Test Engineer
Federal-Mogul has recently been acquired by Tenneco. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
The US Braking Division has won significant new business. To support these new business activities, extensive testing support is required of the R&D Test Engineering group located in Smithville. Assistance is needed to support the engineering team with this increased work load.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
The Test Engineer Co-Op position is designed to support key engineering projects for the R&D braking test engineering team. The position works directly with the engineering team and interfaces with global test engineering and application team.
The individual will be responsible for:
- FMOS Implementation within the test lab (corporate standard work practices).
- Safety related project implementation.
- Assisting the Test Engineering team with day to day activities.
- Test part supply logistics – mainly storage solutions and updated inventory control.
- Updating test machine fixturing prints / schematics.
- Additional projects to improve testing efficiency / quality and accuracy.
- Currently enrolled and pursing a degree in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering - Sophomore status or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of CAD.
- Clear communication
- Position is located in a test lab facility and will involve hands-on work with test equipment and associated brake hardware as well as standard office activities. Physical activity may include lifting (up to 50lbs.).
- Standard PPE required including steel toed safety shoes, hearing and eye protection.
- No allergy to nuts
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen.