Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior QA Testing Analyst - 6385 in Nashville, TN at PathGroup
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Testing Analyst is responsible for creating, administering, and documenting the Quality Assurance software testing plan for all assigned PathGroup projects and functionality fixes, including regression testing. The Senior QA Testing Analyst can handle test efforts of moderate to significant risk and complexity and can work independently to complete testing tasks on time and with minimal direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define with Project Owners, Business Analysts & Developers the overall test plan for each assigned PathGroup project. Develops a master testing plan that ensures thorough coverage of new functionality and traceability to the project requirements.
- Plan for and independently perform system testing of all software enhancements, bug fixes, and configuration changes, etc. Create any necessary documentation to demonstrate that applicable testing has been accomplished.
- Create and run test plans in Microsoft Test Manager for regular and regression testing to maintain audit compliance of testing.
- Establish and maintain baseline and automated tests libraries for regression testing across multiple projects.
- Record and track discovered defects to closure. Assists with metrics related to defect tracking.
- Coordinate the User Acceptance Testing on approved PathGroup projects, as well as the scheduled releases of PathSys and other internal applications. Train and demonstrate to business users how the software is expected to work with proposed changes. Create test scenarios to provide full coverage of new functionality.
- Ensure that User Acceptance is obtained, filed with master project test plan, and documented into PathGroup’s Change Management process.
- Provide testing status reports on assigned projects to Project Sponsor and BA/PM Lead. Attend daily scrum sessions, provide status updates, and track open defects.
- Serve as a mentor to junior testing and development staff.
- Work with all departments within PathGroup’s IT to maintain and ensure all testing environments are current.
- Follow industry best practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information (PHI) and other sensitive company data.
- Become familiar with and abide by the PathGroup Compliance Program and its corporate policies, including those surrounding Privacy and Security.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time