Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer III, Software Test (Automation Test Engineer)
Software Developer in Test ( Automation Test Engineer )
We are recruiting for a Software Developer-in-test (SDET) to join our dynamic team in Lancing, West Sussex as a result of our continued expansion.
- Will be involved in the whole software development life cycle, as part of a highly technical, cross platform development team, using technologies including; AngularJS, Angular 6+, JQuery, CSS, HTML, C#, .NET 4.5 and Xcode
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into appropriate and scalable test scripts and execute, as required
- Ensure that the testing provides end-to-end test automation (API and UI) for the complete system (both web and mobile devices, predominantly iOS) using Ranorex, Karma and SoapUI
- Assist with root cause analysis of problems found during testing
- Work closely with application developers, business analysts, business stakeholders and QA teams to provide enhanced test coverage
- Liaise with other software and management teams in the UK, US and China as necessary.
- Support existing applications where required.
- Raise, manage and report on issues / defects
- Contribute to QA Automation Strategy
- Experience in actively using the technologies mentioned above
- Thorough understanding of Agile/ scrum development methods
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience using TFS and GIT
- Solid and demonstrable background in Automated Testing
- Experience of web, mobile and API automation
- Able to communicate clearly and work positively with colleagues and customers
- Understand the ‘big picture’ and make intelligent decisions, but take advice where appropriate, interpret advice and then act upon it
- Arrive quickly at logical conclusions and inject useful analysis into the support, development and test implementation process
- Ability to analyze and design solutions within the toolset(s) available
- Understanding of hospital pharmacy and supplies safety and stock control issues would be beneficial
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends and to understand their role in a commercial environment
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- ISEB Foundation in Software Test or Higher accreditation (or willingness to take the exam)
- Experience working in a micro-service environment would be beneficial
- Experience testing on cloud environments would be desirable
- Experience with automated performance / load testing a bonus
- Experience of XCUITest and Swift would prove beneficial
Minimum Job Requirements
- BSc Hons or higher in relevant engineering, mathematical or analytical subject(s)
- Must have several years of experience in a similar role
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Omnicell is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer Males/Females/Disabled/VET/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity