Mueller Water Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
at Mueller Water Products
Summary: The Technical Production Supervisor effectively plans and implements work for their assigned department ensuring parts or materials and manpower are available for the department to perform the work. Plans production changes for assigned department and coordinates into production when appropriate. Performs capacity analyses by specific work center and makes capital equipment recommendations. Implements flow manufacturing techniques where appropriate. Provides other support to production and management as required.
Primary Accountabilities: Primary accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and skilled labor.
- Partner with Production Managers, Supervisors, Production Planning, and Materials departments to establish production schedules, combat production issues, and offer suggestions for changes in production working conditions.
- Assist Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering personnel in testing, troubleshooting and modifying processes to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products.
- Abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures in meeting or exceeding goals established for safety, labor efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap, rework, and any other production related goals
- Supervise and assist in the setup, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various automated machines, assembly equipment and/or machining centers.
- Initiate, suggest, and implement plans to motivate, empower, and develop workers to achieve work goals in a team environment while complying with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Communicate thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management in all supervisory duties.
- Remain flexible in lean technique implementation and principles such as 5S, standardized work, waste identification and elimination, value stream mapping, team based multi-skilled workforce, one piece flow technology, visual factory concepts, and total productive maintenance.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- At least 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Candidate with demonstrated experience and proficiency in a CNC Machining / Programming / Production environment will be given preference.