Meharry Medical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Medical Case Manager
at Meharry Medical College
This position coordinates a comprehensive patient care plan under the supervision of the Executive Director. The Medical Case Manager will serve, as clinic liaison in the community, will work with EIS Workers and different agencies to maintain close contact with patients and ensure they remain in HIV care. Duties include harm reduction, insurance assistance, adherence counseling, care coordination, linkage and reengagement, and referral to core and supportive services.
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
- Ability to foster excellent patient and community relationships
- Sensitivity to patient needs and cultural competence
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and community resources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Clerical, word processing, and office skills.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in electronic medical record systems, especially in the CAREWare system
- Good records maintenance skills.