Janus Global Operations
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Janus Global Operations
- Offer Letter
- # of Openings
Provide intermediate accounting support by performing a variety of accounting duties in connection with keeping, reviewing, and preparing financial or statistical records; performs work of average difficulty in the maintenance, preparation, and review of accounting records. Actively support and uphold the Company’s stated vision, mission and values.
- Maintain specific general ledger accounts ensuring that the data is accurate
- Process Accounting Transactions to record activity in both general ledger and sub-ledger accounts
- Coordinate Account Reconciliation process for all accounting members
- Mentor other staff members on reconciliation efforts on other general ledger accounts
- Responsible for reconciliation of more difficult accounts
- Primary accounting responsibilities for the following areas: review and upload foreign subsidiaries; amortize prepaids; process corporate credit cards; maintain fixed assets and process monthly depreciation; maintain inventory and post daily transactions; prepare property tax returns; prepare data requests from US Census Bureau
- Work with other departments in providing data from the general ledger system for appropriate analysis and reconciliation by those departments (for example, running queries for corporate support groups analyzing their spending and budgets)
- Backfill for absences in the various accounting departments
- Implement all aspects of the accounting software and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business degree with accounting emphasis
- Ability to work outside standard work hours at short notice when dictated by work load
- Ability to communicate company practices with senior executives, vendors, contractors, and company employees
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel software, including advanced knowledge of pivot tables
- Familiar with and capable of quickly adapting to general ledger software packages
- Prior knowledge of CostPoint and QuickBooks is a plus
- Must be able to respond to changing requirements
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions in oral or written form
- Ability to teach other members of the staff how to complete tasks
- Must be able to pass a detailed background investigation
- Must be able to function effectively in a normal office environment
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
Who We Are
About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The company’s website is www.caliburnintl.com.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.