Earth Fare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Earth Fare, Inc.
Job Title: Wellness Clerk (Job Code 1401)
Department: Wellness (Dept. Number 200)
Reports to: Wellness Manager
Position Summary: The Wellness Clerk is responsible for upholding Earth Fare’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, while adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. They work independently and in a team to ensure the Wellness Department is well stocked, clean, organized, rotated and merchandised appropriately. The Wellness Clerk delivers exceptional customer service while sharing valuable product knowledge with customers.
- Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Operational Tasks: Ensures the sales floor and back stock for department is well organized, clean, rotated and full. Stays current of wellness product knowledge and shares information with customers, providing exceptional customer service. Verifies proper signage and pricing of items in the department. Assists Wellness Manager with inventory counts. Attends department and store meetings.
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Wellness Manager.
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, information kiosk and coolers.
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary duties within the department.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Wellness Manager and other store management.
- Ability to learn and gain knowledge of nutrition, supplements, herbs, homeopathy and body care industry trends, as well as the DSHEA (Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act 1994). Ability to learn how to read a supplement facts label, a nutrition facts label and navigate overall ingredients on labels. Must be aware of common allergies and specialized dietary terms such as gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, etc.
- Ability to learn and use a Falcon hand-held computer scanner.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment program.
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior.
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment preferred.
- Knowledge of nutrition, supplements, herbs, homeopathy and body care industry trends. Understanding of DSHEA (Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act 1994) and how to read a supplement facts label, a nutrition facts label and navigate overall ingredients on labels. Awareness of common allergies and specialized dietary terms such as gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, etc. preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- May work in environments of extreme cold.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.