Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Covenant Health
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge
- Job Location
- US-TN-Oak Ridge
- Department Name
- SLEEP DISORDER CTR
Department Secretary, Sleep Disorder Center
Full-Time, 72 Hours per pay period, Days
Job Objectives: Performs a full range of secretarial and administrative duties for a specific department or unit. Requires clerical training or experience and some knowledge of the unit's operational procedures. May perform departmental support functions such as entering data into information systems, or other duties similar in nature
1. Receives incoming telephone calls promptly and courteously:
2. Acts as receptionist, answers telephones, route callers, takes messages and provide routine information to callers.
3. Type correspondence, reports, memoranda and special projects as requested.
4. Carries out the clerical duties necessary for the efficient functioning of the assigned department;
5. Serves as inter-departmental communication resource.
6. Maintains and orders office supplies;
7. Responsible for scheduling and preparation of department meetings and minutes as needed.
8. Maintains department filing systems
9. Completes data entry for department computer files as needed.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned
11. May collect payments and/or deposits, balances cash collected and correctly completes receipts.
Minimum Education: A high school diploma is required. Must be familiar with medical terminology; be able to read with comprehension; write legibly; and perform simple arithmetic calculations. Must have expertise in general office skills: filing, telephone etiquette, and the proper use of grammar, spelling and punctuation. Must have the ability to perform repetitive clerical tasks on a continuous basis and to concentrate on and pay attention to detail. Computer experience is required. Must be able to type a minimum of 45 net words per minute. Must successfully complete department-specific software programs during probation period. For staff involved in the care of age-specific groups, knowledge of the bio-psychosocial needs of adult, geriatric and pediatric patients is essential. Special knowledge is required in growth and development needs of pediatric/geriatric patients where applicable.
Minimum Experience: Previous office or related medical experience preferred. Employee will receive appropriate on-the-job training in departmental procedures.
Licensure Requirement: None is required.