Requisition Number: 13-716
External Title: Laborer
Area of Interest: General Labor
Requirements: Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
Required Experience: 1year
Preferred Experience: 2 years
External Description: RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
1. Perform a wide variety of duties in general manual laborer work at plants, offices, yards, and quarries. Work will require repetitive heavy lifting, shoveling, handwork, climbing, and performing work at different heights.
2. Assist in any equipment operation and servicing when needed using basic tools to accomplish the work such as shovels, brooms, wheelbarrows, etc.
3. Performs all other tasks not specifically indicated.
4. Comply with company General Conduct and Safety Rules.
5. Knows and understands that you must clean and dispose of waste materials, debris, residue from, on top of, under and out of different locations throughout the plant. (i.e. basements, silos, bins, storage areas, screen and screen areas, grates, under conveyor screws, between rollers, crushers, catwalks, tail pulley, trucks, rail cars, tankers, truck paths, rail tracks, driveways, and all yard areas including the quarries and maintenance areas.
6. Knows and understands that you must fill in or operate any equipment and assist operators as assigned.
7. Knows and understands that you will need to assist in maintenance, repair, and installation of new or rebuilt machinery and equipment.
8. Knows and understands that you must assist in oiling, greasing, lubricating and servicing all mobile equipment, as well as, stationary machinery and equipment.
9. Knows and understands that you may be required to cut grass, weeds, trim bushes, and hedges and perform general landscape work.
10. Knows and understands that you may need to help load and unload railcars, trucks, or any other vehicles as assigned.
11. Knows and understands that you must be able to operate a skid steer loader both safely and efficiently.
12. Knows and understands that you must report and potential operational or safety problems to supervision.
13. Knows and understands that you must comply with company, state, and governmental health and safety regulations.
• Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
• Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
• Must be capable of working shift work, overtime or seven days a week, if needed.
• Must be capable of working in dusty and noisy areas with provided safety equipment.
• Must be able to work outside under hot, cold, or wet weather conditions.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and written.
• Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job.
• Must be able to abide by all Company policies and procedures.
• Energy & Drive
• Personal & Interpersonal Skills